Wisdom Teeth Removal Near You
People generally develop their last teeth in their late teens or early twenties. Breaking through the gums in the very back corners of the mouth, these are called wisdom teeth. For some people, wisdom teeth simply never develop, and for others, wisdom teeth come in with no problems.
Unfortunately, a lot of people will experience problems as their wisdom teeth emerge. After all the other teeth have come in, some people just don’t have enough space left in their jaw for more to fit. When the wisdom teeth try to grow in, they crowd the other teeth and cause problems with your natural alignment. Sometimes the wisdom teeth cannot emerge at all. Instead, they become impacted in the back of your mouth.
Wisdom Teeth Extraction
If the impacted teeth are left untreated, they can cause swelling, soreness in the gums, and even acute pain. Impacted wisdom teeth can be difficult to clean, leaving them at risk for tooth decay and infections. The consequences of this include damage to the bone and surrounding tissues. If you are looking for wisdom teeth extraction near you, we provide wisdom teeth removal in Calgary, AB T3B 5V4 at Valley Ridge Dental.
To prevent these problems, the recommended course of treatment is wisdom teeth removal. Our experienced dentists will often remove the wisdom teeth before they become a problem. They find that it is very important to reduce the risk of future issues, even if the wisdom teeth aren’t causing trouble at the moment.
Your dentist will recommend seeking wisdom teeth removal near you if:
- There are cavities in your wisdom teeth
- Your wisdom teeth grow in at an angle, crowding your other teeth
- The wisdom teeth are trapped (impacted) in your jawbone and gum
- Your jaw doesn’t have enough space for the wisdom teeth to grow in
Looking for Wisdom Teeth Removal in Calgary, AB?
Our Calgary-based dentists use the standard protocol when removing wisdom teeth. Some people do not need all four wisdom teeth removed, but many dentists choose to remove them all to avoid potential problems. The procedure can be performed by a dentist or an oral surgeon depending on how complex your specific problems are. Wisdom teeth removal is an outpatient procedure, meaning you will go home the same day as the surgery.
- First, you will have X-rays done so that the dentist can determine the best method of treatment.
- You will then be provided sedation so that you will not feel the surgical procedure.
- Once the wisdom tooth has been removed, the treated area will be cleaned to ensure a smooth healing process.
- Our experienced team will review your post-operative instructions before leaving the clinic to ensure that you have a speedy recovery.
You will typically recover within a few days, but this varies from person to person. To learn more about wisdom teeth removal in Calgary, AB, or to schedule an appointment, contact us today! We provide wisdom tooth extraction near you.